TAB Golden Bone Tipping Competition
Terms and Conditions (July - September 2020)
- All dollar figures are expressed in Australian dollars.
- All times stated are references to the relevant time zone in South Australia.
- GRSA means Greyhound Racing SA.
- TAB means TAB (TABcorp).
- Immediate family means spouses, parents, siblings and children.
- Registration and entry into the competition is free.
- All tippers’ contact details may be used in future correspondence by GRSA or TAB for the purpose of electronic communication of racing events or promotions that may be of interest. Tippers can opt out by unsubscribing on email campaigns or replying STOP to any SMS marketing.
Conditions of Entry
- Tipping commences on 30th July 2020 and concludes on 17th September 2020 (Competition Period).
- All tippers must be over 18 years of age and be a current South Australian resident to participate.
- Competition is restricted to one entry per household and per email address.
- GRSA employees, GRSA club volunteers, GRSA contractors, GRSA labour-hire staff and trainers currently registered with GRSA are ineligible to participate or enter the competition. The same applies to all members of the relevant individual’s immediate family.
- GRSA reserves the right to vary or amend any of these terms or conditions at any time without notice.
- There will be 8 rounds of tipping. In each round entrants may submit their tips for each nominated race.
- The GRSA Form Guide will be available via the grsa.com.au website every Tuesday commencing on 28 July 2020 until the end of the Competition Period.
- Weekly selections must be submitted by 6pm every Thursday during the Competition Period.
- Selections must be submitted online via www.goldenbone.com.au.
- Scores will be tallied and posted to the www.goldenbone.com.au website by 4pm every Friday during the Competition Period.
- Results for Week 3 tips will be hidden until the conclusion of Week 6 where they will be revealed.
- At the end of round 8, the tipper adjudged by GRSA as having the greatest number of points will be declared the winner of the competition.
- If your chosen greyhound is withdrawn prior to official scratching time (9am the day of the meeting) and there is no reserve to go into that box then the tipper will receive zero points. If there is a reserve then that greyhound will go into that box and be considered your selection. If there is a late scratching (after 9am the day of the meeting) and no greyhound runs in the chosen box, the tipper will be awarded 10 points. If a vacant box is tipped then zero points will be awarded.
- In the event of a dead heat, points will be split across both places. For example in the case of a dead heat on first place, the total points awarded would be 25 points which is the sum of first point allocation (30 points) plus second point allocation (20 points) divided by 2.
Points will be allocated as follows:
Weekly Submission of tips = 10 points
Tip comes 3rd = 10 points
Tip comes 2nd = 20 points
Tip comes 1st = 30 points
Tip a winner in race 8 = 5 points
Double points will be awarded in week 6
In the case of a tie between two or more tippers for first place at the conclusion of round 8, there will be an additional tie-breaker round as nominated by GRSA between those tippers.
In the event that this additional tie-breaker round is required, the tied entrants will tip on the following Thursday night race meet at Angle Park using the same tipping rules as the preceding weeks, ie. the box number of the dog is what tippers will use to make a selection. If the reserve dogs (either 9 or 10) start due to a scratching and tippers wish to tip a reserve, they must choose the box number the reserve will start from. If they are still tied after the tiebreaker round, the prize money will be split evenly between them.
In the event of a tie for 2nd or for 3rd places after the conclusion of round 8, the prizes will be split evenly and awarded to those who have tied.
Prizes will be distributed as follows:
First (1st) prize - $10,000 cash
Second (2nd) prize – $2,000 cash
Third (3rd) prize - $1,000 cash
Fourth (4th) Hospitality Package for ten (10) people at Chasers Restaurant (valued at $450 and valid for 12 months)
Top Tipper of the Round - $250 cash prize*
*in the event of a tie, the weekly round prize will be split evenly amongst the top tippers.
- All winners must complete a verification process, including proof of identity and declarations to the satisfaction of GRSA, before any winnings will be distributed. If a participant is found to have registered more than once in the competition, GRSA reserves the right to refuse to grant prizes.
- GRSA has the absolute right and discretion to determine all issues with finality with respect to the competition. Any decision by GRSA is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition. Completion of the registration process is deemed acceptance of these terms.